CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, June 3, 2011

Original Canvas :)

When I get stressed I go to my craft room. Yesterday was one of those days :/ I was in a really bad mood. I don't know how I created something so bright and cheerful while I was in such a yucky mood, but I did :)
I really enjoyed making this. It's an 11x14 canvas so I was a little nervous.
The papers I used are My Mind's Eye - Bloom & Grow and Fine & Dandy, and Cosmo Cricket - Material Girl.  
The background was done using Faber Castell Gelatos over tissue paper for texture. I used various acrylic paints over the papers. Everything was outlined with a Pilot Permaball pen, and highlighted with a Sharpie Poster Paint Pen in white. A little shading on the stems and leaves were done with a Copic marker. I almost forgot, I used the Unity Worn Grid and Distressed Dots Backgrounds for added texture. And of course, Mod Podge over everything :)
Thank you for looking :) I really enjoyed creating this, and couldn't wait to share it with you!
Have an awesome day!!!

3 comments:

marinemomof2

YOU ROCK GIRL !! ! ! as always Toni you did an awesome job !

Bev's Wild Adventures

That is awesome. I love it!!!

Stampvanwinkle

TONI THIS IS AWESOME!! It has to be one of my most favorite canvases that you have created. I hope it cheered you up. It sure made me smile!! May I say AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

:D

Hope you are having a good day.

Hugs,
Deb