Thursday, April 21, 2011

Family Banner

I was looking for something to make, and I found these banner pieces that I found in Michaels sometime last year. Perfect! Just the right number to spell Family!

Here are some closeups.

I had nothing to spell out family. All of my chipboard letters are far too small, as are my stickers. I have no letter stamps big enough either. Soooo I printed them on regular copy paper and very carefully cut them out. After die cutting the shapes from paper from Echo Park's For the Record to mount them on, I adhered the letters using my Xyron. I was inspired by the My Minds Eye blue papers. Love the colors. I used flowers from Prima and Stampin' Up. The tiny little vintage style tag is from Stampin' Up also. The letter k is staped on it (for our last name). The ovals and die cuts were sponged with Tim Holtz Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink. The die cuts were cut using Spellbinders Nestabilities. The borders were punched using various punches. After assembling I laced some seam binding through to hook them all together to hang.

This was submitted for the Moxie Fab World's Home Decor Challenge. The deadline has passed, but there are some great projects that were submitted if you want some inspiration.

Thanks for looking! And have a great day!