CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Can You Stand Another Christmas Entry?



I can only now post this ornament because I had to wait for the recipient to receive it. Now that we've done that I can post it here! I bought these acrylic squares a few years back with big plans. They sat and sat until I was inspired, finally.
I pulled out an oldie, SU's Merry Minis. I stamped the ornament 3 times, colored them in with Prismacolor pencils, colored the centers and the tops of the ornaments with the silver pencil. The centers were covered with either the Stardust clear glitter pen or stickles. Sorry, I can't remember which. The colored parts of the ornaments were covered with Crystal Effects for some shine and dimension. I stamped the leaves around the edge and colored them in too. Since these ornaments reminded me of the ones my Grandma used to have I wanted a vintage lookk so I sponged some green around the edges so it didn't look too new. The hangers on the image were hand drawn. After everything was dry I layered another piece of acrylic over it and glued some more leaves around the edges for more dimension. After that was all dry I layered the last piece of acrylic on top. I applied some double sided tape all around to hold it together and to stick the ribbon to. These acrylic pieces had a pre-drilled hole in the corner so it was a piece of cake to add the silver cord for hanging. I added the bow with a glue dot.
Thanks for looking at one more Christmas item. Hope your Christmas was a great one!
Edited to add: I just added Follower to the blog so you can follow if you don't want to subscribe. I know you don't want to miss anything!

0 comments: