I saw some pedestal birdhouses on Pinterest, and I knew I had to do these!
The ones I saw are Here.
I bought the unfinished candlesticks, wood bases, and the birdhouse on the right at Michael's. The birdhouse on the left is from my stash of things to alter ;)
I attached it all together with Gorilla Glue. That is some Amazing Stuff!!!
The birdhouse on the left was spray painted with Krylon in Black first. After it dried I painted it with white.
The house on the right was not painted with black first. I was experimenting.
After a couple of coats of white, I sanded the edges and other parts to bang it up a little.
I used the Antique Effect from Martha Stewart with some brown paint, and painted the birdhouses, making sure to get into the crevices. I wiped it off before it dried, leaving it in the nooks and crannies.
This was my first time doing anything like this. I really liked it. After these birdhouses, and the little ones I did on yesterday's post, I know I'll be doing more.
I learned some things, like you only need to add very little paint to Martha Stewart's Antique Effect ;)
Thanks for stopping by!
Have a super day!