CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Look What Happens When You Can't Sleep





Awake at 2 AM, can't sleep. I tried. So this is what I did. Inspired by the inspiration card here. I used Donna Downey stamps by Unity. Love them! First I masked the middle to stamp the Worn Grid Background just around the edges. The I masked the outside to stamp the flower image. I sprayed the whole thing with Glimmer Mist. You can see a little glimmer in the close ups. It's hard to capture the effect with a camera, for me anyway. I love the way the ink bled! After it dried I used my Stamp a ma jig to stamp the image again over the now blurry flowers. I love the effect! I wish I could say I planned it all, but I just went with it. That happens more at 2 AM I think.

The ribbon was another brilliant 2 AM idea. I didn't have any ribbon to go with the colors, so I made my own. It is white ribbon, but I sprayed it with Glimmer Mist. After it dried it was too light blue, so I sponged it with SU Cool Caribbean ink. Perfect! I've never done that before and didn't know how it would turn out, especially with this ribbon. I didn't know if it would take the color, but it did.

The awesome button is Webster's Pages Vintage Buttons Sparklers. I put the little stone in the center.

I have to get a great frame for this now. Have a great day!

2 comments:

Bev's Wild Adventures

OHHH...AHHHH...Tonitone...you have to give me a lesson on this. I love, love. love it!!!

Regina

Such a beautiful project - I absolutely love the results of just "going with it" and the sentiment - I'm left without words.

Great work -- especially for a sleepless 2 AM hour.