CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, March 7, 2009

Something Different


Taking a break from cards. Here is a nice little thing to hang somewhere. I started with these cut outshapes by Plaid that I picked up at Michaels. They were inexpensive too. I know I'll use them for lots of things. I saw Anna Wight's post about some bird shapes that she picked up. I didn't think much about them until I saw them myself. They're a good size. The hearts are about 3.25 x 4.5 inches. It says wood shapes on the package, but they're more like pressed board. Had to have them! I have to get the birds too. Don't know why I didn't get them when I was there.
Anyway, I used the Cosmo Cricket Mr. Campy paper. It's so cute! I covered the heart and the back of the paper with Mod Podge. When it was dry I covered the front with Mod Podge. When that was dry I sponged the edge with SU Basic Brown. I put the holes in afterward. I used the large hole puncher thingy from the SU tool kit. It took some pounding, but it went through. I don't have one of those fancy Crop-a-Diles :<. But it's all good. I cut out the pinecone from one of the other papers. I covered it with a couple of coats of Mod Podge to stiffen it a little. I curved it a little and put it on with some dimensionals. I added some buttons with linen thread. The ribbon I picked up at Michaels quite a while back. I might go back later and add something else to it but I'm not sure.

Thanks for looking!